February 6, 2011

New Zodiac Sign


By the time you read this, you probably have heard that your zodiac sign have changed. I’m not really a horoscope fan, but it’s good to know that there is a new 13th zodiac sign added between Scorpio and Sagittarius. The new sign is called Ophiuchus and is represented in art as a man holding a large snake with both hands.

It’s interesting to know that after so many years, something like the zodiac signs would change. I used to belong to Pisces. Sometimes it’s one of those getting-to-know you questions and I’m used to say that I belong to Pisces. Since the introduction of Ophiuchus, I’m beginning to say Aquarius instead. Before, both Oreo and I belong to Pisces. Now, I belong to Aquarius and he belongs to Capricorn. I haven’t checked yet if we’re still compatible. I hope we still are.

According to Wikipedia, Ophiuchus means “Serpent-bearer” and as early as 1995, the idea of a 13-sign zodiac was already been suggested. Well, we only heard about this in the news this year :)

According to Minnesota Planetarium Society, here are the new dates for the zodiac signs. BTW, the article appeared here. Did you zodiac changed?

Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16.
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11.
Pisces: March 11-April 18.
Aries: April 18-May 13.
Taurus: May 13-June 21.
Gemini: June 21-July 20.
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30.
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23.
Scorpio: Nov. 23-29.
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17. (NEW)
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment