July 11, 2013

Harassment from Cases Corpus Law Office and HSBC

Today, I received a text message:

For Mr. Elmer xxx

This is from Cases Corpus Law office. Please be informed that your account with HSBC was endorsed to us recommended for Litigation. Please call 8171656 look for Atty Paulino Cases jr for out of court settlement. If non compliance you will subjected for legal visitation in your Home & Company add for possible small claim suit.

A few months ago, I was terminated by Sufferland Global Services for abandonment of work. I filed a case for illegal dismissal at the NLRC and 6 months after, I received the verdict of Elias Salinas dismissing my case. In other words, I lose my case. I was no longer interested in appealing my case because it’s tiresome. So I went to Sufferland a few weeks after, got my backpay and signed the Quit Claim form.

hsbc-main-img

Image taken from www.ctb.com.ph

Due to this incident with Sufferland, I had financial problems and my HSBC Credit Card got cancelled because I failed to pay it in time. I was looking for job and struggling with money (up to now). So I ended up with a P30,000+ debt with HSBC.

This is not my first time that I received such a demand letter from a law office. I have a subscription before with Smart and I wasn’t happy with the service. My Smart account was terminated and I ended up with a P4,000+ debt with them. I receive harassment letters from a similar law office but I simply ignored those letters. It eventually stopped.

I got curious on this current law office that HSBC hired to harass me. I Google their name and found nothing – no Facebook profile, no website, no office address. I only found similar stories about harassment from this law office from other credit card holders like me. They too received such harassment calls from Cases Corpus Law Office. Some are customers of Citibank.

Having gone through 6 months of labor case with the NLRC, I pretty much know how long the legal process is involving our courts. In fact, I would love to undergo the same experience with HSBC and Cases Corpus Law Office so that I could write something on this blog.

If you have similar cases of harassment from law offices regarding your credit card debt, feel free to share it on this blog. Based on your own experiences with such harassments, did you actually ended up in court or you accepted an amicable settlement?

10 comments:

  1. I know this is already posted a long time ago, but this so-called-law office is continuing their harassment under the name "Cases chun & associates law offices". If you can see the FB reviews / comments on their Facebook page, they're still experiencing harassment.

    They keep calling my number - which is not mine anymore and not mentioning the name of law firm, and wants to leave their number. They've been bugging others.

    The last straw was going personally to my address just to let me receive a demand letter for a 5-day payment.

    The feel is more of a Collections Agent than a Respectable Law Firm. Who in the proper mind would continuously call and text people stating that they're a law firm?

    I'll share an update if there will be another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That law firm still doing this to many people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same thing happened to me. This Law firm send affidavit of complaint to my email and I tried to reply to their text but no relpy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes this law firm Cases Chun & Associates is a bullshit law firm not only to credit card late payments but also they are handling HMDF housing loans. The way they call and text you seems you owe a big some of money. Hilas kaayo that in one point they are just an employees of that firm, in the end of the day they will go home as just an ordinary person who has already caused stress, trauma and anxiety to those person they harassed 😡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nagkakaso po ba talaga sila?

      Delete
    2. Now ko plang na eexperience.

      Delete
  5. Legit po ba ting Law firm na to? Nagkakaso po ba talaga sila?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also received final demand letter for my unpaid bank loan, what should I do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. They also messaged may family. Sent a text message even have the name of our Barangay Captain. And I said I want to settle it with the bank hindi sila pumayag. Wala ako message natanggap sa email and sa number ko mismo.

    ReplyDelete