August 18, 2011

Ragnarok Online: Still #1

ragnarok award

Ragnarok Online, the country’s first Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) is still the country’s Most Popular Online Game. That is after 8 years of existence. Yes, Philippine Ragnarok Online (pRO) is celebrating it’s 8th Year Anniversary this year. It’s been around since 2003.

This is according to Asia Online Game Awards, a Chinese website. I am not surprised about this. If you could visit the servers of Ragnarok, particularly Valkyrie and New Loki, you would be amazed on how many players are still playing this game. This is still Level Up! Games’ flagship game (after 8 years!).

Why do I love Ragnarok Online so much? First, it’s the first online game I’ve ever played (and I’m still playing it up to this time!). Second, I’ve met A LOT of friends through this online game. I have attended several Grande Eye Ball (GEB) with my fellow guild members. Lastly, I have so much fun playing this game that my computer is full of screenshots of our moments in-game. I wish kids today would discover (and rediscover) the joys of playing this Most Popular Online Game in the Philippines.

I hope Oreo would one day play this game with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment