March 10, 2011

Earth Hour

On March 26, 2011 at 8:30 PM, we’ll be doing the Earth Hour thing again. I first encountered this movement last year, when I joined my current company. We were joking around during last year’s Earth Hour period, to join the movement by turning off all our computers at the office and not receive calls for 1-hour.
I don’t want to lecture you on the history of it. You can always visit their website for the complete information about the whole thing. Click here.
For me, the significance of Earth Hour is that, it reminds me that I’m not just a citizen of the Philippines, or an employee, or a lover to my Oreo. It reminds me that I’m a Citizen of the World.
Being a citizen of the world, I have a duty to join all efforts to save our planet – joining the Earth Hour movement for example. As a blogger, I have a duty to blog about it, to promote it and most importantly to turn off my switch on that date and time.
Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment