October 10, 2011

Another Apology

sorry

I hope you don’t get tired of my apologies for not updating this blog on a regular basis. I know that in order for me to achieve a regular influx of readers and to maintain my current followers, I should blog often, on a regular interval. It just so happened that I got so busy with work, got sick the past few days (stiff neck), and my regular excuse: writer’s block.

So far, since my last post, here are some of the things that happened to me:

  • Oreo arrived here in the Philippines last Sunday and I received his text saying “D2 n me pinas!” at exactly 3:44 PM October 2.
  • I got addicted to “The Walking Dead” and finished Season 1. They’re currently working on Season 2. “The Walking Dead” is a US TV series focusing on the subject of Zombie Apocalypse.
  • I really felt sorry for the residents of Calumpit, Pulilan, and Hagonoy in Bulacan and in some parts of Pampanga. It’s because I’m a Bulakeño (I own a house in Baliuag, Bulacan) and I studied college in Malolos. I have friends in college who lives in those towns and during my college years, I visited those places as well. I want to blog about their situation and their suffering but I also feel that news on TV has been saturated with such news that the last thing you’ll expect is a blog post about it. We are also a victim of such flooding (because of Ondoy in 2009) and I know how difficult their situation is. I hope their situation improves with government assistance.
  • I watched two movie adaptations of the novel by John Ajvide Lindqvist: “Let the Right One In”. The first one is the American version “Let Me In” and then I also watched the Swedish version “Let the Right One In”. I want to compare the two movies and blog about it but the idea got stuck on my head. Overall, I like the American version. It has more drama.
  • Our account gave us the book “The Simple Truths of Service” written by Ken Blanchard and Barbara Glanz. It’s also about customer service. I want to share its contents but I haven’t read the book yet. I’m sure there are some pointers that we could get from this book that will surely help us, being customer service representatives or technical support agents.
  • I saw the music video of “Moves Like Jagger” by Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera and it became my Last Song Syndrome (LSS).
  • I made follow-up emails regarding the unfinished housing project of Habitat for Humanity and the Pasig City Government which I wrote about in this blog. I posted their replies in that article and I’m committed to get their scheduled time of completion for this project. Being a blogger surely denotes some social responsibilities like this one.

When I started blogging over a year ago (as a gift to my lover Oreo), I thought blogging is just a hobby that you can do on your leisure time. Now, I realized it’s like a job, a responsibility. I have a responsibility to my readers to provide them with articles that are worth reading and at the same time, do some things for the community (as a way of giving back) through blogging. Most importantly (as what my fellow bloggers are saying), I need to blog regularly. That’s the key to a successful blogging career. I have to keep that in mind.

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment