September 9, 2011

DSLR

That’s the acronym of Digital Single-Lens Reflex camera. It’s the high-end camera that every photographer dreams of having. Fortunately for my lover Oreo, he already has one. Yes, he recently purchased a Nikon DSLR (I forgot to ask for the exact model). I am so envious!

299638_267483316604417_100000282534207_1066661_989434_n312986_267482903271125_100000282534207_1066660_4668674_n

I’m planning to buy one myself but that would take all my 13th month pay and Sick Leave (SL) conversions combined to buy at least the Nikon D3000 or Canon EOS 1000d. I can’t wait for December!

I would then take a photography class (if I can afford Ian Felix Alquiros’ talent fee) and start shooting! I would probably have a photo blog as well. The possibilities are endless.

Oreo will be arriving in less than a month and we haven’t talked about our plans after his arrival. He hasn’t decided yet, whether he’ll return back to Saudi Arabia after a month’s vacation or he’ll stay here for good. How can I convince him to stay here in the Philippines for good if he obviously gets the gadgets he wanted if he works in Saudi?

Theoretically, it’s good if he’ll stay here in the Philippines for good. We’ll live together, rent an apartment, works in the same industry (same company if possible) and live a simple, average Filipino lifestyle. On the other side, he can return to Saudi and have another Long Distance Relationship with me. I am (at this point) is still not ready to work in Saudi because I still don’t have a passport and I haven’t applied to a local recruitment agency yet.

I’m afraid to go out of my comfort zone, go out of the country, and work abroad like so many OFWs, like my lover Oreo. Probably, once he’s here in the country, with me, I’ll ask him all about his experiences in Saudi. I’ll ask if he would really recommend me to work there, with him.

Hopefully, I would hear Oreo say that working abroad is like using a DSLR camera. It’s very complicated at first with all these lens and settings, but when we get use to it, our “outlook” and perspective of life would change for the better.

Thus begins the debate on whether to go abroad or not.

Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment