June 28, 2012

Happy 2nd Blogging Year Anniversary To Me

Two years ago, I decided to learn how to blog to keep in touch with my then-boyfriend Oreo so we could survive our Long Distance Relationship. He was working in Saudi Arabia at that time and I’m working as a kolboy (call center agent) in Taguig. I never imagined that I would still be blogging today and I’m determined to blog for a few more years.

blogging image

I never imagined that I would be able to learn how to blog using Blogger. Right now, I can say that I can do almost all things in Blogger. I also tried to learn how to blog in Wordpress but that was a total failure. I can’t even put the Nuffnang codes in my Wordpress blog (which was later shut down by Wordpress due to inactivity).

Right now, I have around 6 blogs which I’m trying to update regularly. So far, I haven’t received any check payments yet for the advertisements that appeared on those blogs. However, I have received A LOT of products and movie tickets from Nuffnang because of my blogging efforts. When I started blogging two years ago, I just wanted to keep in touch with my boyfriend. I never imagined that I would meet other bloggers, join online blogging contests and have advertisements on my blogs.

In that 2 years of blogging experience I have so far, I learned the basic rule of blogging – update your blogs regularly. If you’re posting updates once a week, it’s okay as long as it’s consistent. The key to have a regularly influx of online traffic is to blog regularly. That’s all there is to it.

If you’re planning to start blogging and thinks that you’ll get a whole lot of money out of it, I suggest that you divert your time and energy to something else. I’m not saying there is no money in blogging. There is money in blogging! It just takes a lot of time, like years. Blogging is like an investment. It doesn’t produce money overnight. You have to improve your craft, make friends, and give something to your readers. In time, money would come.

For those of you who enjoys sharing updates with your friends, loves to write, friendly and loves to be online all the time then try blogging. It would be a worthy experience. You’ll gain friends through blogging and would learn a lot of things about the Internet, software and a whole lot of stuff.

So, I just wanted to give myself a tap on the back and say Happy 2nd Blogging Anniversary To Me.

Picture taken from Hubspot Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment