July 30, 2012

The Longest Day Part 2 of 2

July 27, 2012 – Friday

It’s 5:44PM and I’m still waiting for the final interview. I was here around 2:15PM and I’m hoping that this will end soon and that I’ll bring home the bacon (job offer). When I applied in Sufferland almost 3 years ago, it took more than 14 hours for the 1-day recruitment process to end. I got my job interview at Sufferland around 1AM. I hope it doesn’t happen here at Transcom. I’m starting to feel sleepy.

transcom

I came here at Transcom hoping to take pictures of Tiendesitas but I guess that will be for another time. My greatest fear at this time is my salary due on the 30th (Monday). The termination paper was printed July 23, 2012 and it’s the same day where the cut-off for the 30th pay happens. If my ATM is still empty by Monday morning, I will be in serious trouble.

6:00PM

I was just handed a Versant English Test. I guess this is my 3rd time to take this test. Prior to this, I was given the usual computer and sales test (navigation, DSL connection and grammar).

6:30 PM

I just finished the Versant English Test. I didn’t perform well with the sentence construction part of it. I also had a hard time retelling a story. It’s like I had a memory gap and had difficulties hearing some words. Perhaps my hearing has been affected by hours of taking calls for the past 5 years. I remember taking this test a few years ago and I aced it. This time was my terrible performance with the Versant English Test.

I was only confident on the reading part of this language test as well as on the repeating the sentence part and answering a simple question (from a bottle!). Questions like:

  • What color will you mix with Red to make it Orange?
  • How many moon does the Earth has?

I hope I passed it. It’s embarrassing for me to fail the Versant English Test since I’ve been taking calls for ages. Hopefully I’ll advance to the final interview and bring home the job offer.

6:56 PM

The results of the Versant English Test were released. There were 3 waves of applicants that were called one after the other. It’s like a StarStruck or X-Factor moment. Each wave of applicants called were composed of 4-5 people. The first two waves that were called were naligwak and na-tsugi (didn’t make it). We’re the 3rd group to be called and were greeted with “Congratulations! You passed the Versant”.

7:30 PM

We just finished our dinner. I had Chicken Curry for P40. Good thing they also provided a P30 snack tab so I only added P10.

9:30 PM

I just finished the final interview with a Filipina (probably a TL) and an Australian (the account manager).

10:30 PM

I was told I passed the final interview and I was given the medical exam endorsement paper. My first day of training will start on August 6, 2012 and the contract signing will also occur on that day after I passed the requirements which includes:

  • Proof of Social Security Number (photocopy)
  • Proof of Tax Identification Number (photocopy)
  • Valid NBI Clearance (original copy and should cover first 6 months)
  • Photocopy of Birth Certificate
  • Pre-employment Medical Exam (company-shouldered)

So on Monday, I’ll be at SM Megamall for the renewal of my NBI Clearance. Hopefully I’ll find the account very interesting, fun and promising. I was given a Technical Account for an Australian company which caters support for laptops, tablets and other gadgets.

It was indeed a long day. I got home around 12:00AM so I was technically awake for around 31 hours.

BTW, if you want to know more about Transcom, you may visit their Facebook page here. You can also send them a text message at 0917-553-9775. Their recruitment office is located at G/F Transcom Center Building, Las Fiestas Road, Frontera Verde Compound (a.k.a. Tiendesitas), Pasig City.

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment